Beat Rising Costs with Prepaid Funeral Plans
Compare Prepaid Funeral Plans, Benefits & Costs for Funeral Prepayment Plans.
Prepaid Funeral Plans provide financial protection – More and more people are today realising the impacts of us all living longer and how that might impact on a family. This is great news in many ways, apart from the family needs to have the ability to pay for a funeral of loved one, when the average family budget does not allow for an unforeseen £5000 expense that very often comes at an unexpected time.
If you live to the now expected age of around 85, it very often means that the generation who will be responsible for arranging your funeral, could also be nearing retirement. In those situations, finding the money required to pay for a funeral becomes daunting. Reducing wages, large mortgages and the increasing costs for funerals, means that the only sure way of knowing that the cost of a funeral, will not put pressure on a family financially, is to have a prepaid funeral plan in place.
Starting a prepaid funeral plan is obviously cheaper, the younger you do so. There are options which allow for payments to start from as low as £5.49 per week. The plan will take away the need for a family to ever be concerned about the funeral costs of a loved one. Prepaid funeral plans pay the funeral director directly, at the time of need, so unlike over 50 life insurance, there isn’t any claims process to be concerned with, which can take weeks or months to pay out and then once the money is paid out, it can become tangled in complex probate or other such legal issues, before it is released to the family.
In order to avoid all of these types of issues, setting up a prepaid funeral plan early is the answer. Starting it at around 50 or even earlier where possible and paying for your plan over 10, 20 or even 30 years has many benefits. A middle of the road plan, which includes all the funeral costs, plus a limousine and select services at the funeral, can cost from as little as £8.47 per week, if paid for over 10 years. There are cheaper options which can reduce the costs even further to £6.06 per week, but this option is only available to people under of the age of 50, when the plan is initially setup. Most opt for a decent send off, one which leaves the family feeling that they have given their loved one a proper good bye, which an intermediate prepaid funeral plan will do.
Under 50 Funeral Plans And Over 50 Funeral Plans
As with many “end of life planning services” such as funeral plans and life insurance, the market has been traditionally divided up into the “Under 50’s” and “Over 50’s” Category. The reason for this is purely for a marketing initiative and, in reality, very few Over 50 plans differ from those that are below that age. Most funeral plan companies offer an Over 50’s funeral plan and in many cases the under 50’s market isn’t catered for at all. Here at SafeHands funeral plans, we do not discriminate the under 50’s nor do we charge premiums for those who are over 50.
So long as applicants are over the age of 18, there are plans that will suit, which place no limitations or restrictions whatsoever on who can or cannot purchase their funeral plans.
The average age of our prepaid funeral plans customer is 45-55 years. More and more people now understand that in addition to maximising the financial benefit to their families, taking out a plan a long in advance of retirement reduces the emotional strain that can result from leaving it until later on in life. We also offer a range of flexible payment options – from a single lump-sum to extended terms up to a maximum of 10 years. If you choose to pay for your plan by installments, then another advantage.
Apply for Over 50s Funeral or Under 50s Funeral Plan without any complications.
Rising Funeral Costs
With funeral costs rising far in excess of the annual rate of inflation, it is an unfortunate fact that, for many families, budgeting for a funeral by traditional means may no longer be sufficient to cover the cost. Planning and paying for your funeral plan in advance freezes the cost of all the funeral director’s fees and services at today’s funeral prices and protects your family against rising inflation and rising funeral expenses.
Prepare today for a peaceful tomorrow
According to the Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2013, average funeral costs have risen from £1,230 in 1997 to £4000 today – an increase of over 225%. Conservative estimates suggest that by 2024 a funeral will cost, on average, between £7,000 and £8000.
A pre-paid funeral plan will allow you to prepare in advance for life’s final event and protect your family from rising funeral expenses. By taking out a funeral plan now, you have the choice of paying for your funeral plan in full or at a fixed monthly price. The best funeral plan providers GUARANTEE that however long you live, and however expensive a funeral is when you pass, there will always be sufficient funds to cover all the funeral directors fees and funeral services.
Protect your family by setting up a prepaid funeral plan today!
Compare The Market Funeral Plans
If you are considering a pre paid funeral plan then you should compare funeral plans closely and always include the ‘disbursements’ if you can afford to. All of the prices shown in our funeral plan comparison table at the top of the page include a contribution in the funeral plan costs for disbursements.
We constantly research the funeral plan market to assess how the rates vary amongst the best funeral plan companies. Our findings ensure that we offer current information, and we are the industry’s most trusted, independent funeral plan comparisons providers in the UK. We’re deliver the most competitively priced options to our customers and take all of the leg work out of find the best plans and the best prices. Our price promise – We will not be beaten on price for a like for like or same plan offer made by another company in the UK. For more information about the current best buy funeral plans, call us today on 0800 193 4080 or click here to complete a contact request form.
With so many pre paid funeral plans to choose from how do we know which one is best for us? Surprisingly all of the major funeral plan providers supply very similar funeral plans, so in this case price really does matter!! Compare the funeral costs of the top Funeral Plans with other funeral plan providing companies in the UK.
Protect your family by setting up your prepaid funeral plan today!
Later In Life Family Financial and legal security planning is vital as we all get older. If you were to have a stroke or an accident that left you to be deemed as not of sound mind, then your financial and legal affairs could be taken control of by the courts of protection, which can be devastating for a spouse or partner. The easy way to avoid any of this is to set up lasting power of attorneys. Read our later life planning advice guide for more details about this and all the benefits of prepaid funeral plans…
Request A Later Life Planning Guide
- All of the funeral plan trust funds, that are independently managed to ensure security, are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We only provide information and details of prepaid funeral plans, which deliver a number of guarantees to ensure your financial safety.
- It’s flexible – there are a wide range of plans available, so your adviser can help you to choose a plan, which matches with the features that are important to you.
- It’s vital that clients to seek specialist advice – it’s an important financial decision and to ensure that the choice made, is based upon a clear understanding of all the details. Consulting an adviser will help you to fully explore your options, consider all of the important factors and explain they will explain the benefits of all of the different prepaid funeral plans available.
We will help you to find information about the various types of pre paid funeral planning options available in the UK. With numerous providers available, making the right choice is crucial to ensure that you think about all aspects of planning ahead for a funeral, cremation or burial. How do you choose which one is the best of the pre paid cover options available in the UK?
- The cost of a funeral has increased significantly in recent years. Independent research has revealed that the cost of a funeral in the UK has gone up by 6.6% over the past twelve months. Given that this increase continues at a similar rate, a funeral that may cost £3,600 today, will increase to £5,800 in five years time.
- So how can you avoid the impacts of a price increase due to inflation?
- Opting for the best funeral payment plans today, will ensure that you guarantee to cover the costs, within your funeral directors control, no matter how much funeral costs increase by in the future.
- More and more people are opting for the security of knowing that a funeral pre-payment plan purchased now, will avoid paying much more later. Buying at today’s prices to cover the cost of a funeral is seen as sound financial planning – The purchase of pre paid funerals is regulated by the funeral planning authority, click the link for more information.
- A funeral plan guarantee that defies inflation!
- Irrespective of how much funeral costs may increase by in years to come, neither you or your family will be asked to pay anymore for the services that are purchased within funeral payment plans.
- At the time of purchase, you decide on the type of funeral that you would like. Various pre-payment plans are available that allow you decide on all aspects of your funeral.
To qualify for a prepaid funeral plan you must
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Be able to pay the minimum required by your chosen provider – (The options vary and include low or Nil deposits, talk to our experts)
- There aren’t any medical requirement to qualify for pre paid funeral payment plans.
The application process is simple and secure
- You can apply in the normal way by completing the forms that we send you.
- You can apply online via our secure application processing portal.
- You can apply over the telephone with one of our expert funeral pre planning consultants. The process takes around 10 minutes and we do all of the paperwork for you. Additional discounts on prepaid funeral plans are sometimes available for online or telephone applications.